The Black Shark 4 Pro runs JOYUI 12.5, which is a re-skin of MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11. The only notable differences in JOYUI 12.5 are the green accent colors and the extra gaming features baked into the Black Shark phone. That’s fine with me because MIUI 12.5 is fantastic in terms of looks and usability alike, bringing a wide array of great features to the table. To top it all off, this beastly device touts DTS Ultra X sound thumping out of top-notch dual speakers. Pop the hood and you’ll find some powerful internals chugging the Black Shark 4 Pro along. There’s last year’s Snapdragon 888 chipset, 8GB/12GB of LPDDR5 RAM that clocks at 6400MHz, and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
It starts at a relatively affordable S$790 for the 8GB/128GB version. My 12GB/256GB review set is just under S$1,000, which is still cheaper than its closest competitor, the Asus ROG Phone 5 (over S$1,200). I’m used to gaming phones having some odd touches to their software to match the maximalist approach to hardware design, but this Black Shark phone takes the cake with its built-in “Shark Chan” app. Shark Chan looks like an anime character ripped out of Genshin Impact, with a scantily clad look that leans all the way into being male-gazey. For all of the power and high-end tech that’s bundled in gaming phones, they aren’t great all-around picks for people who want great software, boundary-pushing cameras, and a more appealing device around the edges.
- The place to get help for questions you have related to your Android device and the Android ecosystem.
- There was a noticeable delay before you could snap a photo and it wasn’t as seamless as iPhone’s and other implementations which allow you to tap to zoom in and out to switch between the cameras.
- But you still encounter this issue, then go to your phone service centre and get it resolved.
- Other details on the phone are scarce, but being a gamer phone we can be sure a few staple features will be there.
- You can easily tweak the color temperature and saturation by delving into the display settings for the on-board software.
You can Upgrade or Downgrade Xiaomi Black Shark 4 with a Stock ROM file. First of all, you need to download the official stock ROM from the above-given link to flash your device.
- Modern devices can typically endure for more than 20 hours under normal use, although some may only last for 16 to 18 hours.
- The USB Driver for Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro is an essential component.
- In the test box, they’ve included a case as well which covers most of the phone’s rear but has a few cutouts, which I assume are for improved heat dissipation.
- The coating at the back is particularly pleasant to the touch and even seems to «isolate» your hands from the heat produced by the SoC.
We also consider the internal storage when calculating our score. A larger internal storage size will result in a higher score, as the internal storage is crucial for multimedia purposes, among others. The body material is an important consideration for users who want a premium device or need the device for long term use. Therefore, the device must have a good and strong body material component. Black Shark 4 go to destination Pro features up to 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage. Provides plenty of storage space for your contacts, music, photos, apps, and more.
At that time, we speculated that he might be hinting that the new flagship mobile phone, the Black Shark 4, would be officially announced. On the morning of January 11th, @Black Shark Luo Yu Zhou posted again to introduce some information about this new phone to netizens. The pictures that we took were, for the most part, pretty solid and really good considering the $500 price tag. There are a few different modes to choose from including a hi-res 48MP mode, Night Mode, and even Pro Mode.